2. When we say we, us or LifeInSYS it’s means who we are and we own and run the LifeInSYS site.
The type of personal information we collect
4. We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our site.
5. The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, blogs, photos, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, tax information, support queries, comments (if applicable), messages between our site users, content you direct us to make available on our site (such as item descriptions), your actions on our sites (view items).
How we collect personal information
6. We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the site, or through other people when you use services associated with the site.
7. We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
How we use personal information
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the site, like where you purchase an item from our marketplace.
Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the site
- providing you with services described on the site
- verifying your identity when you sign in to our site
- responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any dispute
- updating you with operational news and information about our site and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our site, website disruptions or security updates
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the site and services we provide
- monitoring activity on the site, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the site
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the site or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters)
- training LifeInSYS staff about how to best serve our user community
- improving our products and services
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities
Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you
- For purposes which are required by law
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation
When we disclose your personal information
- if applicable, authors of any items or services made available to you, so they can facilitate support and license validation, who maybe located in any of the countries our products are available in
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers; technical and customer support services; recruitment agencies; marketing and analytics services ; security and fraud prevention services; subscription management services; payment processing services; identification verification services; and operational tooling services. Noting that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.)
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks
- a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement
- other recipients where we are authorised or required by law, or requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities, to do so
How we keep your personal information secure
10. We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls.
How you can access your personal information
11. You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact us via email [email protected]
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
12. If you have subscribed to one of our email lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us or you have an account on LifeInSYS, we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by contact with us.
13. You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our site may not work properly in your case.
Cookies and web analytics
- your IP address or proxy server IP address
- the domain name you requested
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- the date and time of your visit to the website
- the length of your session
- the pages which you have accessed
- the number of times you access our site within any month
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it
- the website which referred you to our site
- the operating system which your computer uses
- the technical capabilities of your web browser
Information you make public or give to others
Information you make public or give to others
18. We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
19. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
How you can contact us
20. If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact via email [email protected]
If you are a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you
21. For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
Version 1.1: Effective date: December 1, 2019.